Click on the tabs below to learn more about each of our interest groups
- The Metro Arts and Craft Group meets monthly September to May to share a crafting (make and take) experience.
- Meetings are on the second Wednesday of each month at 12:30 p.m. They are usually held in Madison libraries with locations announced in the newsletter.
- Group members lead each craft. These pictures show one month’s activity, exploring with alcohol inks.
- Dues of $10 cover the cost of the craft activities.
- All levels of experience are welcome.
Creating picture frames and making silk scarves are just a few of the activities for Metro Arts and Crafts members.
Fourth Wednesday Bridge
Are you ready for excitement and fun? Score big at Blackhawk Country Club each fourth Wednesday with a fabulous lunch followed by grand slam cards.
Social hour begins at 11:30 a.m. with lunch at noon.
Trump your fun with a cash prize at 3:30 p.m.!
Grab a partner and meet us on the second Monday of every month for a great lunch at Imperial Gardens Restaurant at 11:20 a.m. followed by bridge. (You do need a partner to play).
“Laughter is brightest in the place where food is.”
– Irish Proverb
There are three MWC dining interest groups. Each social group enjoys good food and lively conversation. Detailed information about dates and locations for each dining group is posted in the MWC Newsletter. Pull up a chair and join us!
CHAT ‘N’ CHEW
Members meet to “chat and chew” on the third Thursday of each month for lunch at 12:30 p.m. September through April (except December) at various restaurants. Great food and wonderful friendships are awaiting you!
LADIES GOURMET LUNCHEON
Luncheons are held three times per year (November, February, May) at the Westshire Village Clubhouse. Each luncheon is planned around a seasonal or other interesting theme. Members prepare dishes to share with the group. All recipes prepared for luncheons are shared with members of the group.
These single members meet monthly throughout the year for brunch, lunch or dinner. Why dine alone? Join the Metro Singles!
The Metropolitan Woman’s Literature Group can be described as a stay-at-home book club.
- Literature Group members are contacted in July and are asked to provide the name of their chosen book.
- Members are then divided into rotations.
- Rotation charts are prepared and mailed to each member in August.
- Members participate in the rotation of books, beginning in September.
- Books are exchanged on the first of the month.
REMINISCENCE WRITING: the process or practice of thinking or telling about past experiences (Merriam-Webster).
The Metro Scribes group was organized in the spring of 2016 with fourteen members expressing an interest in the group.
- The Metro Scribes meet the second Tuesday of each month, September through May, except for December.
- The meetings are held in the lower-level Archer Room at the Middleton Public Library (7425 Hubbard Ave.) from 1:30-3:00 p.m.
- Members write a story on a suggested topic or pick one of their own.
The group averages 4-7 participants at each gathering. They enjoy hearing the written stories of members and getting ‘the rest of the story’ as they ask follow-up questions. Members also share pictures or treasures related to their stories. This small group has formed special bonds as they have gotten to know each other more intimately.
Being a ‘writer’ is not a pre-requisite to participating in the group; rather, a desire to write down memories of your past to share with family and friends.
Written stories are not turned in or graded.
Our goal is to be a friendly, relaxed group.
Metro Women on the Go meets the first Monday and the second Thursday of the month and alternates outdoor and physical activities with visits to museums, art galleries and a variety of other attractions around the Madison area.
On the first Monday of the month, members gather to enjoy activities such as hiking at State Parks, walking through Botanical Gardens, biking or snowshoeing in and around the Madison area. The group is open to considering any activity or adventure!
Visits to museums, art galleries and historical sites or participating in other interesting and fun activities and events are planned for the second Thursday of the month.
Metro Women on the Go offers a little something for everyone!
WILDLY WONDERFUL WALKING WOMEN
The Wildly Wonderful Walking Women meet on the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 8:55 a.m. and start walking at 9:00 a.m. Location and information about the walk is emailed about a week in advance.
The walks are year around, last about 60-70 minutes, and then walkers head to a nearby coffee shop for conversation, coffee or other refreshments. Over 20 women belong to the group and 5 to 12 women participate in the walks.
Some of the places we have walked are:
- Polk Farm Park
- Pheasant Branch Conservancy
- Lake Monona Bay
- Downtown Madison
- Capital City Trail
- Southwest Commuter Trail
- Owen Park Conservation
- University of Wisconsin Arboretum
- Cannonball Path
- Yahara River Lake-to-Lake Path
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- Ice Age Trail