SCHOLARSHIP FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION
The Metropolitan Woman’s Club of Madison offers one $2,000 scholarship to a Dane County resident (male or female) who is pursuing continuing education at a university, college or technical institution. To qualify, interested applicants must:
- Be an adult returning to a university, college or a technical institution to pursue a career or career advancement after a hiatus due to financial pressures or family and/or work-related demands.
- Live in Dane County, Wisconsin
- Have a career-oriented goal
- Demonstrate a commitment to completing his/her studies
- Have a financial need
We require an original of all information requested in the scholarship application form.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SIGNED AND DATED TO BE CONSIDERED AND MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN JANUARY 14TH. The scholarship will be awarded in March.
MAIL the completed application with the attachments listed below to:
Metropolitan Woman’s Club, Inc.
Attention: Scholarship Chair
PO Box 5125
Madison, WI 53705-1525
* Three (3) references are required (i.e. Employer, Counselor, Teacher, Dean, Clergy, or other Responsible Citizen) using the MWC Scholarship Reference Form. AT LEAST ONE REFERENCE SHOULD BE FROM A TEACHER OR INSTRUCTOR WHO CAN EVALUATE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE. Individuals providing a reference should not be related to you.
* Most recent semester grades and GPA and a letter that verifies acceptance at an educational institution if you have not yet started classes at the school you plan to attend.