The Metropolitan Woman’s Club (MWC) is an organization of women that supports and encourages not just each individual member, but the surrounding community. A primary objective of MWC is to help others through community enrichment programs or men, women and children who encounter difficult life situations. The Service Committee is specifically responsible for supporting and directing the accomplishment of this goal through the organization of and disbursement of financial support and other contributions to local nonprofit organizations.
ANNUAL MWC FINANCIAL SERVICE AWARDS
- One or more nonprofit organizations or service projects within the community are selected to receive a financial award.
- These organizations are presented to the MWC Board in August for approval and voted on by the general MWC membership in September.
- The recipient(s) are invited to attend a future meeting to give a brief presentation with information about their organization.
- Any MWC member can nominate a nonprofit organization or project for consideration for an award.
- Click this link to see the MWC list of Past MWC Service Award Recipients
- Click this link to Nominate an organization or project for a financial service award
2017-18 MWC Service Award Recipients
ANNUAL MWC SERVICE PROJECT DONATIONS
The MWC also supports two nonprofit programs through annual donations.
Briarpatch Youth Services Programs
(youthsos.org) in Dane County.
- MWC members contribute personal care items to homeless teenagers via Briarpatch Youth Services.
- This nonprofit organization provides services to youth and families in need, including counseling, crisis intervention and temporary shelter.
Early Head Start Baby Bucks Program
- MWC members donate essential baby and personal care gifts to the Early Head Start (EHS) Baby Bucks program.
- By attending program events and meeting with their advocates, participating parents earn “Baby Bucks” to purchase donated gifts from the “Baby Bucks” store.
- For more information about EHS and Baby Bucks, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-334-3274.